Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Project Life Week 10: Now

 I'm continuing to gear up for Saturday's Project Life blog hop. I thought it would be good if there was a lot of PL at the top of my blog so PLers didn't have to wade through a bunch of cards, which they may not be interested in. As you can see, I've really outdone myself with the bad photography. I just got Photoshop Elements 11 yesterday and am learning how to use it. I don't think it can fix a pic this bad, but I'm sure it can do more than Picasa, which is what I've used for years.
 This is my Week card. I always enjoy making them, and try to make them a little special, even if I don't do much with the rest of the layout. I started with an Amber Edition card. I always circle the month. I stamped the ten on a paper banner. The leaf on the mulberry flower is a vintage sequin. It adds a nice dash of shine.
 All of those black spots are Snow Geese. Thousands and thousands of them landed in the field behind our house during March. It was awe inspiring. Snow Geese are fabulous white birds with black spots on the ends of their wings. They are impressive to watch, and fun to listen to. Like most birds, they are very talkative.
 More geese.
 Some journaling about the incredible bird population here.
 The photos above and below are red-winged blackbirds. We had tens of thousands of these. Like what you see on documentaries. No lie.
Remember, if you click on the photos, you can see them a little better.

No comments: